The fourth tool in the RAMPS Plan to Marketing Success© is Promotions. Promotions are events you create or participate in for the benefit of buyers or potential buyers. Promotions take many forms and may include in-store sales events, community events, industry events, employee events, and public relations events. Promotions gain attention for a product, business, or person.
Promotions reinforce other marketing messages and are another tool to reach marketing objectives, such as:
- Close the sale
- Maintain contact and image with former customers
- Make contact and create image with new potential customers
- Introduce a new product or service
- Demonstrate non-portable equipment
- On-the-spot problem solving
- Obtain and share information
- Build morale
- Counter participation of competitors
Promotions provide environments that set the stage for Sales, as reinforced in the next Chapter.
Click on this image to Buy the Book Today.